Thank Benedikt for the minutes! And thank Xianda for the presentation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Benedikt Ritter [mailto:brit...@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2016 7:49 PM
To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>
Subject: [CRYPTO] Feedback from ApacheCON Europe

Hi,

Xianda Ke held a nice presentation about Commons Crypto yesterday at ApacheCON
Europe in Seville. Kudos to Xianda Ke and Dapeng Sun for preparing the
presentation and making the long trip to Europe.

Here are the comments we got from the audience:

1) Why does Commons Crypto implement it's own Crypto API instead of providing a
JCE provider?
If it is possible to write an adapter to JCE, I think this would be a good
improvement for 1.1. If it is not possible for technical reasons, we should
document it on the website.

2) Is it possible to stub in a custom secret generator? There where concerns in
the audience with regards to the hardware secret generator build into the Intel
chips, because it is not clear what is happening inside that chips.
Can we extend the API in a why so that users can provide their own secret
generator? Does this even make sense or will that degrade the performance of
Crypto?

Regards,
Benedikt