[Note: this is the Commons PMC vote on dev@commons - there's a
concurrent IPMC VOTE thread on general@incubator]

Since Commons RDF entered incubation, it has evolved the understanding
of its purpose, developed and released code base that is now
stabilizing, moving towards a 1.0.0 release.

Although the Commons RDF developer community is small it has continued
to grow interest, and Apache Commons feels like a natural home for the
component; as intended when this podling was started. We appreciate
all the help we have received from Commons while incubating, in
particular Gary and Benedikt!

The Commons RDF podling has voted to graduate from the Incubator
to join Apache Commons as a new component:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/886ed903b3649203c794f7b7409f311b2391ebef1d9157177ba943b6@%3Cdev.commonsrdf.apache.org%3E

This email carries over 3 Commons PMC binding votes from dev@commonsrdf:

+1 Stian Soiland-Reyes (Commons PMC binding)
+1 Benedikt Ritter (Commons PMC binding)
+1 Gary Gregory (Commons PMC binding)

Proposed component name: rdf

Proposed package name: org.apache.commons.rdf

Source code of RDF component:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-commonsrdf.git
https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf

Incubator releases:
http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/commonsrdf/

Website:
http://commonsrdf.incubator.apache.org/

Project Maturity report (more links from there):
https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/blob/master/MATURITY.md

This email propose a VOTE to accept Commons RDF as a new component of
Apache Commons.

Formally the Apache Incubator PMC will also need to agree the
graduation, a concurrent vote thread is on

https://lists.apache.org/list.html?gene...@incubator.apache.org

Please VOTE on graduating Commons RDF as new component:

[ ] +1 Yes, accept Commons RDF as new component
[ ]  0 Undecided
[ ] -1 No, because...

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, let's say 2016-11-26 17:00 UTC.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718