I added the <attach>false</attach> to explicitly deal with the excess artifacts 
being pushed to Nexus.  Preparations For A Release - Creating a Release 
Candidate - Step By Step <http://commons.apache.org/releases/prepare.html> 
states:

Unfortunately this uploads more than should be part of the Maven repository, in 
particular the binary and source distribution .tar.gzand .zip files are there 
as well. Before you close 
<http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#close-stage> the 
staging repository you must remove the tarballs/zips together with their PGP 
signatures and checksums using the Nexus web interface. While you are at it you 
can also remove the checksums Nexus created for the PGP signatures of the 
remaining artifacts, they are not needed at all.

If anybody knows how we can avoid uploading the distributions, please lend a 
hand. The manual step is not only annoying, uploading the files also wastes 
time and bandwidth.

Once the unneeded files have been deleted you can now close the staging 
repository.

So, is the step by step guide incorrect?  Did someone not follow the next step?

The tarballs and zips need to go to 
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/ 
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/>. If this is the first release 
of foo after svnpubsub has been enabled you have to create the directory 
structure for your component.

…

Then check out https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/foo and copy the 
tarballs, checksums and PGP signatures to the appropriate directories. You can 
find those artifacts inside your local Maven repository. The procedure will be 
something like (where release_path points to your working copy of the dist 
repository):


regards,
chas

> On Dec 1, 2016, at 9:14 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> I am canceling this VOTE to deal with the missing src files.
> 
> Gary
> 
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 3:26 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> 
>> I did "mvn clean install -Prelease" from SVN and got in target/:
>> 
>> commons-parent-42-SNAPSHOT-src.tar.gz
>> commons-parent-42-SNAPSHOT-src.zip
>> 
>> however they were not installed to the Maven repository, because the
>> pom says "<attach>false</attach>"
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On 30 November 2016 at 19:04, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 1:34 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
>>> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Just a thing I noticed..
>>>> 
>>>> In https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/commons/commons-
>>>> parent/commons-parent-41/
>>>> and before we had a -src.tar.gz and -src.zip
>>>> (just like any other
>>>> 
>>>> while your candidate in
>>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/commons-parent/42-RC1/
>>>> is just the deployed pom file and so can't as easily be "built" or
>>>> installed.
>>>> 
>>>> Not a blocker for me personally, but it would be good if we can keep
>>>> the parent similar to the other components, even if it doesn't have
>>>> any source code. For instance Debian packages Commons parent.
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> I looks like we started providing the src zip/gz with version 40 only.
>> Crud!
>>> 
>>> I'm not sure why the assembly plugin did not kick in.
>>> 
>>> Can someone take a look?
>>> 
>>> Thank you,
>>> Gary
>>> 
>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> On 30 November 2016 at 09:25, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>> +1
>>>>> 
>>>>> Checked:
>>>>> 
>>>>> +1 Signatures, hashes
>>>>> +1 tag matches repo matches dist
>>>>> +1 No binaries
>>>>> +1 Works with beanutils
>>>>> 
>>>>> I got a bug when using it with Commons RDF for "mvn clean package
>>>> install",
>>>>> related to the updated site-plugin:
>>>>> 
>>>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>>>>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.6:site (default-site) on
>>>>> project commons-rdf-parent: Execution default-site of goal
>>>>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.6:site failed: A
>> required
>>>> class
>>>>> was missing while executing
>>>>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.6:site:
>>>>> org/apache/maven/doxia/sink/impl/XhtmlBaseSink
>>>>> 
>>>>> This was fixed by updating its doxia-module-markdown dependency from
>> 1.6
>>>> to
>>>>> 1.7.
>>>>> 
>>>>> With beanutils I tested the parent with "mvn clean install site" and
>> "mvn
>>>>> release:prepare".
>>>>> 
>>>>> On 27 November 2016 at 08:21, Gary Gregory <ggreg...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>>>>> We have added some enhancements since Commons Parent POM 41 was
>>>> released,
>>>>>> so I would like to release Commons Parent POM 42.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Commons Parent POM 42 RC1 is available for review here:
>>>>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/commons-
>> parent/42-RC1/
>>>>>> (svn revision 17171)
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> The tag is here:
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-
>>>> parent/tags/commons-parent-42-RC1/
>>>>>> (svn revision 1771539)
>>>>>> N.B. the SVN revision is required because SVN tags are not immutable.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Maven artifacts are here:
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
>>>> orgapachecommons-1221/org/apache/commons/commons-parent/42/
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> These are the Maven artifacts and their hashes
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> /org/apache/commons/commons-parent/42/commons-parent-42-site.xml
>>>>>> (SHA1: a76e03e9059f31abc5e3c22f4e857366e689068f)
>>>>>> /org/apache/commons/commons-parent/42/commons-parent-42-site.xml.asc
>>>>>> (SHA1: 16b625891e404d95eb7688a99889dc499148d060)
>>>>>> /org/apache/commons/commons-parent/42/commons-parent-42.pom
>>>>>> (SHA1: b95e1096a4cf0d8bcd52740900a474b1e7f87dd1)
>>>>>> /org/apache/commons/commons-parent/42/commons-parent-42.pom.asc
>>>>>> (SHA1: 810728ac23f181f0f706ae0132bdb406288f5859)
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> I built this with:
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5;
>>>>>> 2015-11-10T08:41:47-08:00)
>>>>>> Maven home: E:\Java\apache-maven-3.3.9\bin\..
>>>>>> Java version: 1.8.0_112, vendor: Oracle Corporation
>>>>>> Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_112\jre
>>>>>> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
>>>>>> OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "dos"
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> The site was built with:
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Apache Maven 3.2.5 (12a6b3acb947671f09b81f49094c53f426d8cea1;
>>>>>> 2014-12-14T09:29:23-08:00)
>>>>>> Maven home: E:\Java\apache-maven-3.2.5
>>>>>> Java version: 1.7.0_79, vendor: Oracle Corporation
>>>>>> Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_79\jre
>>>>>> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
>>>>>> OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family:
>> "windows"
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> [because Maven 3.3.9 gets an exception due to a binary compatiblity
>>>> break
>>>>>> in Slf4j.)
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Details of changes since 41 are in the release notes:
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/commons-
>>>> parent/42-RC1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> https://people.apache.org/~ggregory/commons-parent-42-
>>>> RC1/site/changes-report.html
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Site:
>>>>>> https://people.apache.org/~ggregory/commons-parent-42-RC1/site/
>>>>>> (note some *relative* links are broken and the 42 directories are
>>>>>> not yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> There is no Clirr Report (compared to 41) since there is no Java
>> code in
>>>>>> this project.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> RAT Report:
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> https://people.apache.org/~ggregory/commons-parent-42-
>>>> RC1/site/rat-report.html
>>>>>> KEYS:
>>>>>> https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Please review the release candidate and vote.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> This lazy vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e.
>>>> sometime
>>>>>> after 09:00 UTC 30-November 2016
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>>>>>> [ ] +0 OK, but...
>>>>>> [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>>>>>> [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Thanks!
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Gary Gregory
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> E-Mail: garydgreg...@gmail.com | ggreg...@apache.org <
>>>> ggreg...@apache.org>
>>>>>> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1617290459/ref=as_li_
>>>> tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1617290459&
>>>> linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=cadb800f39946ec62ea2b1af9fe6a2
>> b8>
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> <http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=
>>>> am2&o=1&a=1617290459>
>>>>>> JUnit in Action, Second Edition
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182021/ref=as_li_
>>>> tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182021&
>>>> linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=31ecd1f6b6d1eaf8886ac902a24de4
>> 18%22
>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> <http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=
>>>> am2&o=1&a=1935182021>
>>>>>> Spring Batch in Action
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182951/ref=as_li_
>>>> tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182951&
>>>> linkCode=%7B%7BlinkCode%7D%7D&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=%7B%
>>>> 7Blink_id%7D%7D%22%3ESpring%20Batch%20in%20Action>
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> <http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=
>>>> am2&o=1&a=1935182951>
>>>>>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
>>>>>> Home: http://garygregory.com/
>>>>>> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>>>>> 
>>>>> --
>>>>> Stian Soiland-Reyes
>>>>> http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> --
>>>> Stian Soiland-Reyes
>>>> http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718
>>>> 
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscr...@commons.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-h...@commons.apache.org
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> --
>>> E-Mail: garydgreg...@gmail.com | ggreg...@apache.org
>>> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
>>> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1617290459/ref=as_li_
>> tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1617290459&
>> linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=cadb800f39946ec62ea2b1af9fe6a2b8>
>>> 
>>> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=
>> 1617290459>
>>> JUnit in Action, Second Edition
>>> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182021/ref=as_li_
>> tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182021&
>> linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=31ecd1f6b6d1eaf8886ac902a24de418%22
>>> 
>>> 
>>> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=
>> 1935182021>
>>> Spring Batch in Action
>>> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182951/ref=as_li_
>> tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182951&
>> linkCode=%7B%7BlinkCode%7D%7D&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=%7B%
>> 7Blink_id%7D%7D%22%3ESpring+Batch+in+Action>
>>> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=
>> 1935182951>
>>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
>>> Home: http://garygregory.com/
>>> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> Stian Soiland-Reyes
>> http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718
>> 
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscr...@commons.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-h...@commons.apache.org
>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> E-Mail: garydgreg...@gmail.com | ggreg...@apache.org
> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1617290459/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1617290459&linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=cadb800f39946ec62ea2b1af9fe6a2b8>
> 
> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=1617290459>
> JUnit in Action, Second Edition
> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182021/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182021&linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=31ecd1f6b6d1eaf8886ac902a24de418%22>
> 
> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=1935182021>
> Spring Batch in Action
> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182951/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182951&linkCode=%7B%7BlinkCode%7D%7D&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=%7B%7Blink_id%7D%7D%22%3ESpring+Batch+in+Action>
> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=1935182951>
> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Reply via email to