Sounds like you could use --add-modules to add the module separately
from the command line, or add the module to the application's
module-info rather than the libraries.

In general, I suspect a library module-info.java should depend only on
the other modules it really needs (eg. the API of slf4j), while
something else, such as the application, adds the implementation
module (eg. the SLF4J implementation).

Stephen