This whole discussion has me really confused.  According to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_version_history
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_version_history> the free version of Java 5
reached end-of-life in 2009 and Oracle's supported version reached end-of-life
in 2015. https://developer.ibm.com/javasdk/support/lifecycle/
<https://developer.ibm.com/javasdk/support/lifecycle/> doesn’t even show Java 5
any more but
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014807464

<https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014807464>
 indicates that it also was dropped in 2015.

So why are we discussing support for Java 1.5 when not even the vendors who
ship it support it?

Ralph