Github user ajs6f commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/commons-rdf/pull/41

    No, there were no relative URIs being parsed into `Path`s in my code-- that
string munging was to remove the `<` and `>` around the URI as retrieved from
the RDF. But I'm a-okay with whatever gets a `toRealPath()` in there (because
of the Mac symlinked `/tmp`) and avoids any confusion over leading slashes. I
can see that I created more problems with Windows.

    Sorry for mixing things up-- please always feel free to kick stuff back if
you feel it's liable to mess up the history or confuse people-- I can always
redo the PR!

    All speed to 1.0!

---