Hi -

Does Comdev control the page /foundation/voting.html?

A member of the Apache OpenOffice community pointed out that the following
phrase discourages participation:

Who is permitted to vote is, to some extent, a community-specific thing.
However, the basic rule is that only PMC members have binding votes, and all
others are either discouraged from voting (to keep the noise down) or else have
their votes considered of an indicative or advisory nature only.

I think that this should be rewritten as:

Who is permitted to vote is, to some extent, a community-specific thing.
However, the basic rule is that only PMC members have binding votes, and all
other votes are advisory.

It has been reported that people are discouraged from participating with the
“to keep the noise down” commentary and I agree.

Here is a current situation in Apache OpenOffice where we have been regrowing
the community and we just had an important -1 from a community member that
prevented a bad release. We must be careful that the English on our pages is
not tortured and overly pedantic.

Regards,
Dave