On 2018-02-03, sebb wrote:

> On 3 February 2018 at 12:26, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 2018-02-03, sebb wrote:

>>> I get the following failure with 'mvn clean site' using

>> this is because japicmp requires the jar to be built, see the bottom of
>> BUILDING.md

> CP-42 was supposed to fix this by setting "ignoreMissingNewVersion" = true
> However the fix was incorrect.

> I have just updated CP 44-SNAPSHOT and it seems to work now; the build
> no longer fails.
> However the stack trace is still shown; that's a bug in japicmp.

Many thanks for looking into and mostly fixing the issue.

Please allow me to point out the site build requires the same procedure
that used to be necessary with 1.15 and probably before that (ever since
Compress switched to japicmp as Clirr didn't work for Java8). Also it is
"just" the site build, so I don't think this should block a release.

Stefan