The 3rd party mirrors all offer their services for free.

Although storage is cheap these days, it is not free, so we should not
burden the mirrors with unnecessary files (*).

So would RMs please remember to remove old releases once a new release
has been announced.

And when preparing for a new release, please check if the existing
download page still carries any obsolete releases. [It is OK to link
to older release on the archive server]

Thanks!

(*) I know Commons packages are generally small, but there are a lot of them.
Also each file generates network traffic (e.g. to check if it is up-to-date).