I would like to submit a contribution of an interface and a couple of
classes that implement the concept of a Span.  A span has a starting point
and a length and can return the size.  It is constructed from either a
starting point and length, or starting point and size.  It has methods to
determine if another span overlaps it or is a specific point is within the
span.

I am willing to create a pull request to add this class but am unsure which
module to put it in.  My  thought was collections as it has a general use
in slicing arrays and in creating buffers that are very large.  I will
contribute buffer code if requested.

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>