On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 10:27 AM Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2018-08-16, Gary Gregory wrote:
>
> > I've use the release plugin a bunch without trouble. You might want to
> see
> > how other POMs are configured, for example [dbcp].
>
> The same way as Compress (no commons- prefix), I've got no idea why
> running site-deploy should work for it.
>
> You use the release plugin if you only want to publish the site and not
> cut a release?

I use the plugin build the dist folder (which includes a site) and generate
the vote email text. For the real site, after the vote, I use the stock
site-deploy goal.

> > You have to keep in mind that components like Collections, Lang, Pool,
> and
> > DBCP, the folder name is different from the artifact id because the
> > artifact id contains a major version number, for example commons-lang is
> > the folder but commons-lang3 is the AID.
>
> The parent POM says about componentId:
>
>     <!-- The Commons Component id is substring of the package name from
> o.a.commons.(.*)., for example:
>          - Use dbcp2 instead of dbcp.
>          - Use collections4 instead of collections.
>          - Use lang3 instead of lang.
>
> is this no longer true and it should be commons-lang instead of lang by
> now?

The comments are misleading:

    <!-- The Commons Component id is used on the distribution server, for
example:
         - Use dbcp instead of dbcp2.
         - Use collections instead of collections4.
         - Use lang instead of lang3.
         - Use pool instead of pool2.
         - and so on...
    -->
    <commons.componentid>${project.artifactId}</commons.componentid>
    <!-- The Commons Component id is substring of the package name from
o.a.commons.(.*)., for example:
         - Use dbcp2 instead of dbcp.
         - Use collections4 instead of collections.
         - Use lang3 instead of lang.
         - Use pool2 instead of pool.
         - and so on...
    -->
    <commons.packageId>${project.artifactId}</commons.packageId>

For the seconds comment it should read
    <!-- The package id is substring of the package name from
o.a.commons.(.*)., for example:

See the Commons Pool POM as an example.

Gary