Hi,

I've implemented a proposal to get rid of ThreadPredicate and
ThreadGroupPredicate in ThreadUtils [1]. I have two questions about this
issue:

1) It does not seem possible to let our custom pre Java 8 predicates extend
java.util.function.Predicate. I've explained why I think this is not
possible in LANG-1417 [2]. I'd like to here comments about that. Am I
missing something?
2) Should be put the new java.util.function.Predicate based API inside
ThreadUtils or should we deprecate ThreadUtils all together und create a
new version of the class (ThreadUtils2 / ThreadUtilsJava8 /
org.apache.commons.thread.ThreadUtils) that only operates on Predicates?

Regards,
Benedikt

[1] https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/349
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-1417