On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 at 01:05, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds reasonable but we need unit tests that also include spaces so that
> we do rely on the build location as a test.

Ideally, but I don't think that's possible in general.

For example, the IO-589 error happened because the classpath contained a space.
In this case, I guess it would have been possible to use a test file
whose name contained a space, but there may be other places where only
the classpath affects the result. I think that would be very difficult
to achieve without using a base path with a space in it.

Besides, one does not know in advance which tests are going to fail,
and therefore which tests need to be adjusted.