Hello.

Thank you for your interest in the "Commons Math" library.
However, you should be aware that some of its functionality is in the
process of being transferred to more focused components:
 * Commons Numbers
 * Commons RNG
 * Commons Statistics
 * Commons Geometry

In particular, a method such as you describe could perhaps have its
place in the "commons-numbers-arrays" module of "Numbers".[1]

[1] https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-numbers.git;a=tree;f=commons-numbers-arrays/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/numbers/arrays