Hi.

> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to know two things:
>
> 1) Which ported module/classes should I read and compare from commons-math
> to understand the architectural decisions taken to use lambda functions,
> streams etc all the FP paradigms in common-numbers?

The overall idea is to have a "modern" math library, i.e. follow
the evolutions of the JDK so that developers can use modern
syntax and take advantage of the new features.

> 2) Is this project still up for GSoC 2020?

We don't know at this point whether people from Commons will
be willing to dedicate time for this.
[However, it's reasonable to expect that GSoC candidates who'd
have accomplished prior work would be favorably considered (but
no promise!).]

> I would like to port the interpolation libraries from commons-math to
> commons-numbers

Have you considered
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NUMBERS/issues/NUMBERS-69
?

> but definitely need some guidance as I am new to
> Functional Programming.

I think that the intent was to indicate that the features
from the "java.util.function" package should be user
in place of the function object defined in Commons Math.

> I hope this is the appropriate channel to raise such requests, I apologize
> if I spammed some guys!

It's the right place.

Thanks for your interest,
Gilles