Hi.

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking into NUMBERS-40, which suggests that the exception behavior of
> commons-numbers (specifically the gamma package) needs to be made more
> consistent. Below is a summary of the public exception types explicitly
> thrown by each module.
>
> arrays
>         IndexOutOfBoundsException
>         IllegalArgumentException
>
> combinatorics
>         IllegalArgumentException
>         NoSuchElementException
>         UnsupportedOperationException
>
> complex
>         NumberFormatException
>         IllegalArgumentException
>
> complex-streams
>         IllegalArgumentException
>
> core
>         ArithmeticException
>         IllegalArgumentException
>
> fraction
>         ArithmeticException
>         IllegalArgumentException
>
> gamma
>         IllegalArgumentException

Some methods throw "ArithmeticException" while others throw
"IllegalArgumentException".  IIRC, my issue was whether there
were cases where the behaviour is not consistent from a
user POV (IOW, where the same behaviour would be expected).

[Note: I did not review all the packages.  But I don't recall there
were this kind of issue.]

Gilles