Hello.

> > [...]
> >

> Attempting to re-awaken this thread.
>
> IMO the bloomfilter package is currently under development. The original
> contributor was working through submitting Bloom filter functionality in
> parts. My involvement was to ensure the current code that was initially
> merged was documented (in javadoc) and functioned as described. This led to
> changes of the current functionality and ideas for changes. There were many
> ideas in this thread history that were discussed, some agreed and not yet
> implemented, some still open for discussion.
>
> Development has stalled and the vision for the final package has not been
> completed. At present the bloomfilter added to collections does not use
> generics and it has very little to do with java.util.Collection. So is it
> even in the remit of commons-collections?

What would be the alternative(s)?

> I suggested moving to a development branch while the package functionality is
> stabilised if any other contributors wish to work on this.

IIRC, in Commons, branches other than "master" have usually become stale,
unfortunately.  They've been rare, and worked on by a single person...
Perhaps somehow mark the feature as not ready, and to be removed from
the release branch (?).

> I have left development alone as it seems redundant to progress without a
> defined scope for the ultimate functionality.

Do you mean that progress depends on intended usage?

> Opinions on how to proceed?

I got lost along the way; sorry.
Are there still uncertainties about the "basic" features?