There are a number of approaches you could take. Why not just a whole bunch
of methods that map directly to existing functionality, e.g.:

fun Boolean?.isNotTrue() = BooleanUtils.isNotTrue(this)
fun Boolean.toStringYesNo() = BooleanUtils.toStringYesNo(this)

It might be possible to automate and when making changes/fixing bugs, there
wouldn't be two places to change. Just a thought?

Cheers, Paul.