Hi,

I am working on an implementation for check digit validation for the
Australian Medicare card algorithm[1] and want to contribute the same to
the commons validator open-source project. Before submitting a PR, I wanted
to reach out to the developers and gather their thoughts around having just
a check digit validation piece of an algorithm implemented but not the
check digit generation piece.
I ask this because, in the case of the Australian Medicare algorithm, the
generation of the check digit is done by only one entity(i.e the government
when generating the medicare number). All the other users of this algorithm
just use the validation logic to verify that the check digit appended to a
string is correct. To represent that only the validation is supported but
not the generation, I was thinking of overriding the generate method
extended from ModulusCheckDigit abstract class and throw an
UnsupportedOperationException.

Please let me know any thoughts or suggestions around this.

[1] https://www.clearwater.com.au/code/medicare

Thanks
Vijay