If so, then it is not sufficient to run tests on Windows, it looks
like we need to run tests on Windows with the appropriate version of
Java.

Presumably that is why Jenkins did not show the error.

However, fixing the test won't fix the code - there may be instances
of lastModified elsewhere.

The Java bug needs to be fixed.