Le mer. 19 août 2020 à 14:33, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> a
écrit :

> On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 7:49 AM Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > -1 from me, use a set up action instead, for example:
> >
> > https://github.com/marketplace?type=actions&query=maven
> >
> > In particular:
> >
> > https://github.com/marketplace/actions/setup-maven
> >
> > As recommended here:
> > https://github.com/actions/setup-java/issues/40#issuecomment-675817329
> >
> > Gary
> >

> Looking at https://github.com/marketplace/actions/setup-maven
>
> I am wondering why this is not done as a "simple" wget and tar call instead
> of some big old node project.

Not sure what you have in mind with the "big old" (guess it was a "plain
old" ?) but think the rationale is generally to use the GH Action SDK which
is mainly js/ts.
You can indeed replace it by whatever sh you want but you will have to
reimplement the caching, assume about the running VM and reimplement a
config strategy + maintain it if gh action strategy about it changes - or
do something fully custom which is IMHO a bad idea.
Nothing not doable but it is surely saner for a widely used OS project to
stick to "standard" for things outside the scope of the project itself.
That said a java GH Action SDK can be nice - but would likely still call
node as of today :s.