Did you know that you can configure Dependabot to ignore specific
dependencies and version ranges? You can also configure default
reviewers (see also the GitHub CODEOWNERS file which can help set up
default reviewers [1]). If desired, you can configure it to only make
PRs for security updates which would reduce them to the bare minimum.
If you read the (admittedly verbose) Dependabot message in the PR, it
has links to changelogs and whatnot for the PR it's making. Being that
they're PRs, I don't know of any way to hide notifications from it to
the dev list other than making your own filters. I think properly
configuring the bot would be appropriate; otherwise, it's not a useful
feature if it's simply ignored.

Now if someone discovers how to automatically create Jira tickets to
go with the PRs, that'd be nifty. Or changelog entries. The underlying
code appears to be source-available, but not open source (restrictions
on use) [2].

[1]:
https://docs.github.com/en/github/creating-cloning-and-archiving-repositories/about-code-owners
[2]: https://github.com/dependabot/dependabot-core