Hi.

Because of an offered contribution, a discussion happened on
JIRA[1] and in another thread[2] about improving the genetic
algorithm (GA) implementation currently in the
   org.apache.commons.math4.genetic
package of the "Commons Math" component.
It would make sense to group "machine learning" algorithms[3]
(to which GA belongs) within a single component, where codes from
  org.apache.commons.math4.ml.neuralnet
  org.apache.commons.math4.ml.clustering
would be moved too.
This would be the fifth (and last) component resulting from my proposal
(see e.g. [4] among other threads) for the reorganization of the "Commons
Math"[5] code base into more maintainable components[6][7][8][9], each
focused on actually related functionalities (thus *not* the wide expertise
necessary for the maintenance of a full-fledged math library).

I suggest "ML" for the name of the component.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MATH/issues/MATH-1563
[2] https://markmail.org/message/dnujdcxuaq5bwuwe
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_learning
[4] https://markmail.org/message/75vuyhzblfadc5op