Hello.

Le ven. 16 avr. 2021 à 20:39, Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> a écrit :

> FYI - I did the work of moving Logging Services site from the CMS to git. It
> really wasn’t that hard. The main web site is at
> https://github.com/apache/logging-site
> <https://github.com/apache/logging-site>.

So (IIUC this time), we can get things going by requesting/creating a new
"git" repository that would be called "commons-site"?

>  Each of the subproject has their own site such as
> https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j-site
> <https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j-site>.

Is this an independent "git" repository?
Do we also create those as would be a normal repository?

I see that the log4j "components" are under
   https://github.com/apache/logging-site/tree/master/docs/projects

And there is only one file (".asf.yaml") in
   https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j-site

> Although the Logging Services site is small the Log4j site is very large. I
> can tell you that publishing the web site for each new releases is order of
> magnitudes faster than SVN was. I did have to modify how the logging services
> site gets built but all the subprojects use the Maven site plugin.

As noted previously, we seem to use that too in (all?) Commons
components
  $ mvn site

But, how does one go from the web files created in the
    target/site/staging
directory, to them being moved (?) to the site repository?[1]

[1] The "Manage the Git Hosted Web Site" link on
         https://github.com/apache/logging-site
    points to
         https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence