Hi.

Le mer. 12 mai 2021 à 13:23, Erik Svensson <erik.svens...@nasdaq.com> a écrit :

> Howdy all,
>
> Irrespective of how it's implemented we would like to implement the
> performance improvements possible to the commons-math lib.
> While I can certainly fork the project and we could have our own version of
> commons-math, we would like to contribute.

Thanks.

> If there is no or little interest in a more performant commons-math (one that
> uses jlM where appropriate), then I will fork and maybe submit patches.
> If there is interest, then I would like to have suggestions on the how and
> what.

I mentioned some, although I do not know which are realistic or simply useful.

> How would you like it to work, what would you like see.
> Should you be able to choose between jlM or FastMath, for instance.

At first sight, I'd think so.

> Ps
> I asked about bytebuddy because of point 5 on the
> https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/

As of the current development version of Commons Math[1], the JDK
dependency has been upgraded to at least Java 8.

The features (whatever they may be) could also be available, or not,
depending on the JVM being used.

[1]
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-math.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/master;hb=refs/heads/master