Le ven. 4 juin 2021 à 21:57, Benjamin Marwell <bmarw...@apache.org> a écrit :

> >  see such brances here:
> >  https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-geometry.git
> > but not in any of:
> >  https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-math.git
> >

> You need to look here instead:
> https://github.com/apache/commons-geometry/blob/master/.github/dependabot.yml
> <- dependabot activated
> https://github.com/apache/commons-math <-- no dependabot activated

The piece I was missing.

> PMCs/Committers can activate the bot per repo (or Infra, I actually don't
> know).
> Since it is not activated on the latter three repos, there is no
> dependabot activity and hence nothing to sync over to gitbox.
>
> > There must be, since we don't see all the other PRs.
>
> There are PRs in the enabled repos:
> https://github.com/apache/commons-geometry/pulls/app%2Fdependabot
>
> And there are non in the repos where dependabot is not enabled:
> https://github.com/apache/commons-math/pulls/app%2Fdependabot
>
> Nothing unexpected here, is there?

No, once you know where to look.
Tracking this piece of information, we get
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEOMETRY-104

I agree with what Alex said in the first part of his comment
there: No added value...

> > $ git branch -a
> > there are about "dependabot" lines that clutter the output.
>
> dependabot does not create the PRs by forking the repo and creating
> PRs from its branches.
> Instead you give dependabot write access to the Apache repo.

I don't recall that we ever agreed on such a behaviour.

I interpret the second part of the comment ("Feel free to try out
dependabot") as this experiment having no impact on other users
of the repository.
IOW, this should have been a feature to be managed through
github, not showing up on gitbox.

> The branches are created there, directly in the Apache repo.
> This is why you see them when doing $ git branch -a.
>
> If you don't want to see them, why not exclude them in your local
> clone (.git/config)?
> Like so:
> https://stackoverflow.com/a/37165609/1549977

I don't think that non-users having to work around is the proper
solution.

Thanks,
Gilles