Le mer. 4 août 2021 à 15:54, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 9:27 AM Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello.
> >
> > Shall we use "ASF" whenever such changes are made?
>
> I do not think so, the name of the Project is "Apache Commons", the
> name of each Apache Commons "component" is "Apache Commons
> ThatComponent". For example "Apache Commons DBCP".
>
> In general, in official documents, pages and emails, the first mention
> of the component MUST be "Apache Commons Component" and later in the
> same document it is OK to abbreviate to "Commons Component"; for
> example "Apache Commons DBCP" first and then "Commons DBCP" later in
> the same document.

The referred modifications are not in the first mention of the component's
name (that appears in the top-level POM).
[Hence indeed, a module's "name" could be interpreted as "appearing
later" (when the trademark stuff is well established).]

I'm not asking a discussion about the impossible (at the project level);
just that we use "ASF" in preference, whenever possible.
[IMHO, in "ASF" the "F" is _much_ more important than the "A".]

>>> [...]