Almost forgot, quick question about the release docs:

In the page about publishing the release, in the part about tagging [1], it
says:

Now create the final tag (note that it should follow the same naming
> convention as for the release candidate, except for dropping the "rc"
> suffix and prepending the "rel/" string),

I did as per instructions, but today I realized the previous tags in
Imaging didn't have the `rel/` prefix [2]. Is that for GitHub, or is there
another reason for using this prefix? Or is it optional?

Thanks!
Bruno

[1] https://commons.apache.org/releases/release.html
[2] https://github.com/apache/commons-imaging/tags