No objections from me. I'm +1 to normally killing old code too, but I think
in this case it might be simple to keep both working in [configuration] as
users appear to be still transitioning JEE apps to the jakarta namespace.
We might just need to remember to remove the old package/namespace when we
are certain a vast majority of users have migrated to jakarta.

Sorry for the radio silence in that PR, and thanks for taking over Matt! 🎉

-Bruno