On Thu, 27 Oct 2022 at 11:56, Gary D. Gregory <ggreg...@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks Alex.
>
> I'll see what I can clean up this weekend before RC2 unless someone else can
> get to it.

I've fixed the simple items for PMD and added a default PMD config and
suppressed warnings that cannot be fixed. The report is now cleaner.
Tested with:

mvn clean package site

The Jira report is now back. There are some tickets which do not have
a fix version. These annoyingly list at the top of the report. I tried
before to change the sort order (defined in commons-parent as 'Fix
Version DESC, ...') but could not fix this through the plugin config.
For numbers I had to reopen tickets and assign a fix version. This was
easy as there were only 2 releases to choose from when assigning the
version and I am familiar with the project history. There are 12 such
tickets in BCEL but 12 released version numbers. I do not have time to
track the tickets to the version. So for now the report lists these at
the top.

The jira report actually sorts the order based on the order listed on
the releases Jira page (see [1], may require admin login). This can be
adjusted using drag and drop. So a solution is to create a special
version for these tickets and put it at the bottom of the sort order.
But that just moves the tickets from top to bottom to allow the latest
release to be at the top. It would not place them correctly in the
report order. This should really be done by using dates from the
ticket and changes in the commit history.

Alex

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/BCEL?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:release-page&status=released