Hi.

Le mer. 14 déc. 2022 à 12:25, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> I would create a branch called "1.x" instead and bump the version in the
> POM to 1.5.0.
>
> FYI, I've been using the x.y.z version format in most of not all components
> I work on, I find that it sets expectations better, for me anyway.

IIRC, the convention is to use "x.y" if "z" is "0".
If a third number refers to "patch" or "bug fix", and there hasn't
been any, it is rather more confusing.
IMO, this is the kind of thing that should be consistent across all
releases within a project; so departing from the common (and
Commons') practice should not occur without a vote.
Perhaps the same remark about naming (git) "tags".