On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 11:38 AM Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that the page one would look for is this one:
>    https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/dependency-info.html

It's fine to put it there, but even if it's correct it's still too
hard to find. The only way to get to that page is scroll about two
thirds of the way down a sidebar and click one of the four links that
mention "dependencies" that seems as likely to bring you to a list of
commons-math's own dependencies rather than how to add this project as
a dependency. I'm a Maven comitter who's spent way more time in the
depths of Maven Project website generation than 99.9% of Java
programmers and I still couldn't find this the first time I looked for
it. That's de facto evidence that this information is not easy to
find.

This coordinates belong right up front on
https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/index.html

I am tempted to see about changing the title of that page in the
sidebar from "Dependency Information" to "Maven Coordinates". That
would help a little and it's likely commons-math is hardly the only
project that has this issue.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elh...@ibiblio.org