Hi Gary,

> Please review the release candidate and vote.
> This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now.
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

I performed the following tests:
 * I tested the signature and hashes of the ZIP archives,
 * I tested the source archive and the reproducibility of binaries with:
       mvn clean verify artifact:compare
-Dreference.repo=https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1676
 * I tested 4 simple JLink runtimes: JCL + Log4j Core 2.x, JCL + Log4j
Core 3.x, JCL + `java.logging` and just JCL.

+1 (non binding): everything works correctly with the following remarks:

 1. the SPDX artifact is not reproducible,
 2. For some strange reason I had to set `TZ=America/New_York` to make
the main JAR reproducible. Either the Moditect or the Maven JAR plugin
are responsible for that.
 3. The SHA512 sums in the distribution can not be used with
`sha512sum -c` (they lack the file name).

Piotr