On 01/14/2015 11:45 AM, Daniel Gruno wrote:
Perhaps we should start a new thread about the OfBiz part? It seems to
be a very different discussion than what I had in mind, and most likely
a discussion that will go on for some time.

+1

I have no objections to having, some day, an ofbiz-based system that does all sorts of shiny, but what we have here, now, is a proposal for a works-today replacement for projects.apache.org - a useful but non-vital service that Daniel has so helpfully put together for us.

Let's go ahead and push that out, and then talk about the longer-term vision. 'cause the projects.apache.org we have today is a frustrating thing - it was wonderful ten years ago, but it no longer gives me the answers I need. And the new (proposed) site does.

Let's not let philosophy get in the way of getting actual work done.

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com - @rbowen
http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon