It's probably best we start an online doc somewhere...

Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Bowen [mailto:rbo...@rcbowen.com]
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2015 12:29 PM
To: dev@community.apache.org
Subject: Re: Knowing which talks are already claimed by another ApacheCon track?

On 02/16/2015 11:49 AM, Nick Burch wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm trying to finalise the Content Technologies track for Austin, but
> I'm struggling to know which talks have already been "claimed" by
> other tracks. Some of the ones I want to include have review comments
> which suggest they might have been, and some I'd just guess might be.
> I can't seem to see anything conclusive in the review app though.
>
> For the ones overlapping with Science&Healthcare, I'm getting round
> this by having the chair of that track just mark up my google doc
> spreadsheet with the talks he's already claimed, which just-about
> works but may not scale! Is there a more general way I can see what
> other track chairs are planning to take?
>
> (If not, I can just send my list of talks, and hope for the best...)

Yeah, that's why I've asked folks to post their proposed tracks here -- because
there's no good way to do this in the CFP itself. I hope that by the next event
there will be a "track chair" access level, where people can claim tracks.

Better yet, if we can persuade LF to open source the CFP system ...

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com - @rbowen http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon