The ASF defines the boundaries by with the projects are allowed to operate
under its umbrella. If a project doesn't want to adhere to that, it doesn't
belong under its umbrella.

If one of its principles or boundaries is community over code and if the
ASF wants that the diversity within the communities of it projects is
reflected in the group of committers and in PMC, how can it then be that a
PMC may have it different and can veto on- and off-boarding of persons of
the other kind?

And by the way: Yes, it is the task of the ASF (meaning every person within
the greater community of the ASF, contributor, committer, PMC member, VP
and etc) to guard that the principles of the ASF are upheld. As it is the
task of the Board to police.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*