From: David Nalley [mailto:ke4...@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 9:09 AM
To: Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)
Cc: Jim Jagielski
Subject: Re: Apache Extras, Google Code and Sourceforge

So dropping the SF folks again.

Some updates on what we've found.
In total, there are around 350 projects in the A-E directory on google code.

Of those 350, 161 are mirrors of content from elsewhere. Some of them are even
mirrors of other projects within Apache Extras, which is just bewildering.

That leaves us with 189 projects that are original with us. In doing some spot
checking, we've discovered that many of those contain zero content, or perhaps
only a single commit, with no material code.
Daniel believes that perhaps as many as 1/2 of the original projects contain
nothing meaningful.

In short, migrating all 350 doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, and I'd argue
makes it more difficult to find anything of value.

We did do checking on the ~189 projects that are original to us, 150 of those
we could migrate straight away (subject to the above
comments) however,  39 have name conflicts at SourceForge, so we would need to
rename them.

That leaves us with a few questions:
Does ComDev want us to migrate:
a) all 350
b) only the projects that are original at Apache Extras
c) only the projects at Apache Extras that are original and actually have
content - and if c) - please provide a list.

What would ComDev like to rename the projects where naming collisions are in
place?

--David