On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 8:22 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> This looks good.
>>
>> So do I understand any of the commiters editing the site would still
>> need to run Jekyll manually and push (how?), or is there a GitHub like
>> autobuild?
>>

> It is manual, so it isn't as easy as github pages. However, I find that
> generally I want to run jekyll locally first anyways to debug my changes.

FWIW, GitHub pages is pretty easy to debug (non-local): push to
gh-pages in a fork, before doing a PR against the gh-pages branch. If
ASF ever did provide automated rendering, this is one reason I'd want
it to be gh-pages compatible (because users who don't/can't have the
build tools locally, can still make helpful contributions).