From: Arun Iyer [mailto:arun92phoe...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 2, 2016 7:57 AM
To: dev@community.apache.org
Subject: Commons Convert

Hey,

I am a Java developer and I was looking at the availability of a type
conversion library, which I have a use for in of my projects. I came across the
Commons Convert page and it seemed like the library might suit my requirements
based on the sample provided. But, I also discovered later that the project is
still in Sandbox and it was left midway through its completion.

I searched about the project online and could not find any information as to
why it had been halted. I also browsed through the source code and saw how much
of the project had been built.

If there are no current plans for the project to be continued, then I would
like to know if I can take some initiative on my part to help it start again.

I apologise if this is not the correct mail address to send this message to.

Thanks,
Arun Iyer