All,

As those who were at Apache Big Data in Seville saw, I gave a keynote there
where I discussed Hortonworks doing internal training on Apache.  Rich
suggested that I might want to bring this conversation to the comdev list,
hence this email.

I’m happy to share the contents of the training on the community website if
people think that will be useful.  You can see the slides from the keynote at
[1] and the slides from our training at [2].  The training covers Apache and
the Apache way, a little bit about licenses and the Apache license, why
Hortonworks chooses to work with Apache, how our employees should handle their
dual roles as Hortonworkers and Apache community members, a set of best
practices and things to avoid, and a brief discussion of trademarks.

Several others have said their companies need something similar.  If you find
them useful you’re free to use our slides as starting point, and I’m happy to
share insights from our experience.

Alan.

[1] http://www.slideshare.net/alanfgates/keynote-apache-bdeunov2016
[2] http://www.slideshare.net/alanfgates/hortonworks-apache-training