On 06/18/2017 03:15 PM, sebb wrote:
> On 18 June 2017 at 09:06, Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>> I've been working on a new UI for the reporter tool today, and I think
>> it's coming together nicely. The new UI can be seen at
>> https://reporter.apache.org/ng.html and should prove to be less
>> clunky/flashy compared to the old one.
>>
>> Unless I hear otherwise, I'll change this to be the default UI for the
>> reporter tool in a few days. Comments, feedback etc is of course very
>> welcome!
>
> Sorry, but I much prefer the current style.
> It seems cleaner to me.
>
> In comparison with the current style, to my mind the proposed style
> has the following disadvantages:
> - it's not immediately obvious which tab is selected

I'm not sure how to interpret this, but I have changed the text color so
it should be more obvious which tab is selected.

> - "Add a tab" only works for members and does not actually add a tab
> each time it is used.

This has now been addressed.

> - not as easy to read the tab text as it fills the space

I'm sorry but I don't understand the criticism here. Could you
elaborate? or maybe your browser displays something I'm not seeing.
Perhaps a screenshot would be helpful.

> - not as easy to read the tab contents as the contrast is reduced

Assuming you mean the ToC links, I have made them more visible now. Hope
this addresses the concern.

> - tab shapes are not as nice as before

I frankly found it too flashy in the end (even though I originally
created them that way)...a matter of taste I suppose :)

> - the surrounding dark background is distracting

The CSS is there for people to change if they can come up with a better
color scheme (css/tabs.css) :)

> - the back to top links don't take one back to the top

I have addressed this issue now, it should link to the very top again.

> - the footer contents are always visible (or would be, if an alignment
> bug were fixed) so it's always obvious whom to contact

I'm assuming you mean the footer is _not_ always visible now. I don't
think that's a real issue, and I don't think we make use of an 'always
visible' footer in many places.

I hope this addresses your concerns.

With regards,
Daniel.