On 12 April 2018 at 11:33, Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 04/12/2018 12:23 PM, sebb wrote:

>>> I would be in favor of a json object somewhere with the dates/events in
>>> it,
>>> that gets grabbed by the site. This object could just be in a git repo
>>> somewhere and be pushed directly on change.
>>

>> AFAICT that would still require credentials to be stored somewhere to
>> update the repo.
>

> buildbot/jenkins has that.
>

>> The data changes regularly, and does not need to be kept in a repo.
>

> Where would you suggest it be kept? a database of sorts?

The data does not need to be kept for any length of time, so it can
just be in a file.

EIther an HTML file that is directly published, or in a data source
(e.g. JSON) that is used to generate the HTML.

C.f. the projects.a.o, reporter.a.o and mod_mbox hosts which all
create site content without needing to use repos/databases.

Note that the data extraction phase needs additional credentials to
access the event listing.