On 23 August 2018 at 13:37, Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 08/23/2018 02:34 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I assume you're aware of [1] (lowres images) and [2] (a bit of fun)?
>

> Painfully aware :p a lot of them are outdated and none are truly fit for
> press material. We had an issue not long ago where we needed to gather all
> logos for a large banner showing the scope of the ASF, and it came out very
> pixelated and grainy because of this, with some people pointing out that
> "their" logo wasn't the right one.

It's not possible for a stand-alone copy of a file to update itself
when the original changes.
Whereas a URL will pick up any changes.

Without URLs, it's more likely that the old version of the logo will be used.

Of course it's still possible that the PMC creates a new file.
But at least it's easier to find siblings of URLs than orphan files.