(Dropping private@subversion.a.o from CC.)

OK, so I have forwarded a copy to Subversion's dev@ list.

> I chickened out and used the (P)PMC catchall, as using the dev/user giant
> list causes a ton of angry emails whenever it's used - I hope you can
> understand :-)

I respect your right to choose, but I don't understand why sending a reasonable
request to a project's dev list would be a problem. Could it be that there was
some other problem with the mechanism you are referring to -- perhaps it
resulted in directly emailing each subscriber instead of going via their dev
list? I would find it reasonable that some recipients would object to that.

- Julian