Hi,

> I've been working on a project for 4-5 years now which I think would make a
> good Apache project, at least in terms of it being valuable, high-quality
> software. We're using it internally for our production systems at work, but
> the code is open (hosted on GitHub). Our process to date has been somewhat
> lacking (starting out as a 1-man project, now up to 3-4 regular
> contributors). The project is called Indy
> (https://github.com/Commonjava/indy).

The project seems small, but you have managed to grow it and have contributors
so congratulations. How large is your user base? Is there potential for users
to become committers in the project?

> With my history working in and promoting the Maven community in the past, I'm
> hesitant to say that I can give Indy the exposure necessary to attract a
> really thriving, diverse community. This is not a strong area for me
> personally, as talking about myself and my work doesn't come naturally. Also,
> I've got a lot of existing commitments in life, many of which revolve around
> Indy at work, but which don't leave a lot of room for doing extra promotion
> work.

There's more than one way to promote a project, but it can be a lot of hard
work and time and effort. Another Apache project I’m involved in, is seeing
growth after a year of talking to a lot of people, speaking at conferences,
writing articles and q whole lot of other work. Can any of the other
contributors help you in promotion?

> Does the Incubator have some facility or capability to help project teams
> attract a broader community?

Not explicitly, but often being part of the Apache ecosystem and interacting
with other Apache projects can get more people interested in your project and
become part of your community.  Are there any other apache projects you see
synergy with or that could integrate with your project?

Thanks,
Justin