Hi Isabel,
thank you for responding. By "BoF" I mean birds of a feather[1]
session. I believe there were in the past, and I presume there still
are planned for FOSDEM 2019. These are informal sessions for people
with common interest to get together and meet to discuss or work
together.

I (now) see that there is a conference planning software[2] using
which I can just submit an event, I'm unsure if this is the way to
ask/reserve for the venue and I can't find any explanation on how one
does this.

zoran

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birds_of_a_feather_(computing)
[2] https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM19/

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 1:26 PM, Isabel Drost-Fromm <isa...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Zoran,
>
> On 18/10/2018 12:39, Zoran Regvart wrote:
>>
>> in the Camel project we're discussing a BoF session at the FOSDEM
>> 2019. I've tried to reach out via the FOSDEM mailing list but got no
>> reply. I know that other ASF project have had BoF sessions at FOSDEM
>> can anyone point me to the right way of organizing one?
>

> What exactly do you mean when referring to BOF sessions at FOSDEM?
>
> To my knowledge FOSDEM does have
>
> - talks in main tracks, CfP still open, reviews done by the main org team
> - dev rooms, those are one or two day community organised tracks on specific
> topics, call for dev room topics IIRC has closed, dev rooms have been
> announced and are open for talk submissions.
> - people meeting independently for dinner during the conference at
> restaurants nearby, often focussed on specific topics
> - some events co-located but organised independently at the same weekend (or
> week before/after) at locations nearby like meetups and the like.
>
> Hope the above helps you a bit,
> Isabel

Zoran Regvart