> On Mar 30, 2019, at 10:25 AM, Naomi Slater <n...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 30 Mar 2019 at 14:33, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:
>

>> I would ask that this goes both ways... I think in order to get buy-in
>> from everyone, instead of those who may not agree with some premise,
>>

> we don't need to get buy-in from everyone. thank God.

Agreed.

>> our reaction should not be "you are wrong; you just can't see it. So STFU."
>> Instead, help educate them that there actually is a problem.
>>

> the problem with this, Jim -- and the reason you (and you in particular)
> got a "no." from me earlier -- is that it never ends. the requests to
> educate and to convince and to prove. at some point, you reach the point of
> diminishing returns

You are welcome, of course, to have your own position on when
the horse you are beating is a dead one :)

> the Devil does not need an advocate. like I already said. your position is
> the default one. your concerns are not novel. they are mundane

And what position is that, pray tell?

Fortunately, I do not need to prove my real concern, interest and
desire for inclusion and diversity to you, nor my position as ally.
You are free to paint me as this strawman... as well as assign
concerns to me that I do not ascribe to and then describe them
as mundane. None of this actually helps DO anything. In that
regard, I will no longer partake in this conversation with you.

I wish the D&I effort the best of luck and I promise my full support.