Hello Mohammad :)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 at 17:12, Mohammad Noureldin
<nour.moham...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Maxim!
>
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 3:51 AM Maxim Solodovnik <solomax...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> Should I change my semi-automatic-answer? :)
>> Maybe add section or correct some wording? :)
>

> 1st of all, nothing wrong at all regarding your semi-automatic-answer (using
> your own words :) ). On the contrary I do really thank you that you have the
> patience to keep responding to such emails in a friendly way and that you, in
> a good way, directing the senders to the right places.

As non-native English speaker with no practice for 5+ years I would
appreciate any help in correcting my email (or maybe some details can
be added)

> It is more about the root cause or the reason behind them keep sending to
> mentors@ which, IMHO, it can mean 1 of 2 things:
> - Either they get lost going through the Apache Community Development website
> - and/or the information is not clear enough
>
> For that I believe, and as sebb suggested which I agree with, making clear
> what channel(s) of communication to use, when and in what context, can help
> the sender directing them to the right place(s) from the very beginning.
>
> We still keep your friendly semi-automatic-answer as a last rest :D
>
> May I suggest something. How about you and I go through the Apache Community
> Development website, collect such content and cross check with each other as
> a sort of peer-review ?
>
> What are your thoughts about that ?

Unfortunately I have not much free time right now (2 small kids 24/7)
I believe the main reason emails go to mentors@ : people are looking
for mentors :)
(same thing happens with dev@ list: users will write to dev@ to
contact developers ....)

I'm not sure how this can be improved :(

p.s. as Melissa use to say: I miss your smiley face :) Hope to see you
at one of ApacheCon one day :)

--
Best regards,
Maxim