On Tue, 2022-03-29 at 15:51 -0500, Josh Fischer wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> Some random thoughts/questions:
>
> I'm looking at the content on the newsletter page and my first few
> thoughts
> are "I don't know what to include" and probably more important "what
> do
> people want to read?". Would it be helpful to ask readers what they
> want to
> hear about in the newsletter?  I see the line "*If you have a message
> send to the membership, join us on the comdev mailing list
> <https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@community.apache.org> to find
> out
> how." *It's possible this line already takes care of that question.
> Should
> we try to engage readers via some other means?  Whether it be a web
> form or
> something else? If so, how would we go about standing something like
> this
> up?

While I'm open to anything, I think that keeping this as lightweight as
possible is probably the path to actually succeeding. Perhaps just a
Google Form initially to collect content suggestions.

I'd also encourage us to keep the newsletter itself as brief as
possible - just the stuff that members *must* know, and possibly links
to places (the blog? project lists?) where they can dig deeper.

That's, of course, just my opinion, and I am sure that if we are
successful, it will evolve over time.