On 13/04/2022 10.40, Priya Sharma wrote:
Hello All,

I was wondering why the task list on the ComDev homepage [1] and the
Newcomer's page [2] was empty, probably because there were no issues in the
task list for the "comdev" project.

Further, I tried to understand how the tasklist fetches tasks which perhaps
appears to be a manual process, wherein a committer can add or remove tasks
via the UI.

There are several tasks in the list that are old (even closed).
There is also a Jira related to the same.[3]

Thus I wanted to ask a few questions :
1. If I wish to mark a closed issue as done, should I seek permission from
the respective project first / anyone else?

If it's an ancient task, you can probably safely delete it by marking as done.

2. What metrics do we use to identify which tasks can be added to the list?

That is up to the projects that make use of it. Any task can essentially be added to the list.

I would be happy to help if needed!

[1] https://community.apache.org/
[2] https://community.apache.org/newcomers/index.html
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMDEV-384